My personal “Stop Doing List”
This post is inspired by an article that saw on Ana’s blog …
Her post about the “stop doing list” really captured my attention, and I think it is because what is happening in my life right now. As many of you can tell, I have the A type personality who worries about everything and want to fix and help everything and everyone. After several months of giving therapy to myself, I am starting to slowly let go of so many stressors.
It finally occurred to me that I was the only one who could made a difference in the way I perceive things. And I know there are many things that I want and need to Stop doing or change in order to feel better, to be happier and to be a better version of myself. ¿Pero tengo que empezar con algo, no?
So after giving it some thought here is what I came up with… ” My Stop doing list”
I will stop or at least try to stop:
1. Wanting to make everyone happy. (too much worry for one soul)
2. Worrying about what other people think of me. (because it is none of my business)
3. Being too nice to people that aren’t nice with me.
4. Taking myself and life too serious.
5. Getting mad when I see toys and books all over the living room… and our room, and the kitchen. (they’ll be gone one day and I’ll miss them)
6. Worrying about how expensive organic produce and milk is. (in the end I buy it since I know is good for me)
7. Spending time with people who do not bring anything positive into my life.
8. Not making time for my hobbies and things that bring me happiness.
9. Procrastinating about writing my master’s thesis.
10. Not making time to workout (i mean i should have time with 2 babies, right?)
11. Giving an explanation for what I do and don’t do. (that is exactly what I did between parenthesis but I am trying.)
12. Stressing myself too much for trivial stuff.
¿cual es tu lista? ¿que es lo que gustaría dejar de hacer para ser mas feliz? Acuerdate de que lo que tienes que dejar de hacer es igual de importante como lo que tienes que empezar a hacer.
con tiempo paciencia y amor todos se puede!
que tengan un buen jueves, Mariel.